Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 66 reviews
Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Address: Panchgani, Satara, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra , 412805, India
Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages
Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Timings
|Monday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Tuesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Wedesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Thursday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Friday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Saturday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Sunday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
Stunning lakes, valleys, waterfalls, and natural bounties all perfectly define Panchgani. Combine it with perfect weather that remains pleasant throughout the year and you can never go wrong with this tourist destination.
A stunning hill station that lies only 19 km away from Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani has a kind of charm and aura that uplifts everyone’s mood wanting to take a break from the monotonous life. It’s one of the most sought-after locations that provide physical and mental relief along with quenching the thirst of all types of travelers, whether you’re a wanderer, an explorer, a thrill-seeker, or a leisure traveler.
Tourists from all over the world love visiting Panchgani at least once – to get the experience this place is famous for. The coastal plains on one side and the undisturbed views of the hills on the other side make it an excellent spot for shutterbugs to capture some amazing clicks. Even families with children can also plan to head to it to create some unforgettable memories for their entire life. What’s more?
Places to Visit in Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar
Considered as a must-visit sightseeing place in Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani houses various points of interest that you must include in your itinerary list to make the most of your time. For your ease, we have hereby listed a few of the tourist attractions that will surely add overall value to your trip if you uncover them one by one. These are as follows:
1. Tableland: The second largest mountain plateau in Asia, Tableland is an excellent site for nature buffs to look over the jaw-dropping views of the majestic hills and deep valleys at their best. Here you can also get a clear picture of the Krishna Valley and Rajpuri Caves along with enjoying a panoramic view of the entire town.
Lying 4500 feet high above sea level, Tableland, encompassed by lush greenery, invites people from different corners of life to have a kind of experience that is hard to explain in words. Here you can also indulge yourself in many activities like trekking, horse riding, etc., to feel an adrenaline rush in your body. Several food stalls serving mouth watering snacks and refreshments are also available around this viewpoint to satisfy the appetite of locals as well as tourists.
2. Kate’s Point: Another place that deserves your attention in Panchgani is Kate’s Point. Named after Sir John Malcolm’s daughter, Kate’s Point welcomes everyone looking to relax, unwind, and attain peace of mind in tranquility. It’s a perfect location for couples to spend some quality time together far away from bustling city life and can also be visited by families who are in search of an ideal picnic spot.
Engage yourself in photography as this location is exquisitely used by many photographers for people’s pre-wedding, post-wedding, and maternity shoots as well. The best thing about the beauty of this unspoiled site is – it is often used as a cover image of many renowned magazines also. Please note that, unlike other high-altitude points, this viewpoint is easily accessed by people of all ages by vehicle, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
3. Mapro Garden: The next destination that tops everyone’s list on their Mahabaleshwar tour is the Mapro Garden. Established in the year 1980, the Mapro Garden is a great place to visit for all interested in seeing the complete process of how syrups and jams are made. It’s a place that lies amidst the verdant surroundings and defines nature at its best.
Take a walk inside the Chocolate factory to see what it looks like from the inside. The Mapro Garden also features a small nursery along with a children’s play area and a restaurant cum café that serve lip-smacking food prepared with so much love. Right from tasty sandwiches to yummy pizzas, one can order anything to satisfy their cravings for Italian cuisine. A retail outlet is also there where you can shop for a variety of products to bring back home for your near and dear ones.
4. Lingmala Falls: Lastly, your visit to Panchgani will remain incomplete if you don’t take some time out for the Lingmala Waterfall. Situated on the Mahabaleshwar – Pune Road, the Lingmala Waterfall is an absolutely stunning waterfall that is widely renowned for its cascading effect, gorgeous panorama, and laid-back atmosphere.
Interestingly, this waterfall is divided into 2 levels. While the lower one is considered ideal for swimming and splashing around, the upper one is quite dangerous for carrying out all such activities. However, it is worth noting that you need to trek for nearly 30-minutes to reach the main waterfall and enjoy the breathtaking views.
Things to do in Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar
Out of all the things to do in Panchgani, there are a few that are a hit among tourists of all kinds. So, despite your purpose to visit this hill station in Maharashtra, you should definitely give a shot at the below-mentioned activities:
1. Paragliding: Try your hand at Paragliding to fly high in the sky. One of the preferred outdoor sports in Panchgani, Paragliding invites adventure buffs to look over the mountains and astounding hills as you slide down the scenic valleys.
In Panchgani, there are various reliable paragliding clubs available that offer a range of learning courses for people interested in knowing everything about this activity. Starting from basic to advanced levels, these courses are designed for beginners as well as experts. The timings to undertake this activity are from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM and the cost is INR 2000 per person.
2. Jeep Safari Tour: Go on a Jeep Safari tour to see the rich wildlife. It’s a perfect way for wildlife enthusiasts to interact closely with the different types of animals. The Jeep Safari tour also gives you a chance to have a close conversation with nature itself along with witnessing the mesmerizing sunrise and sunset.
Whether you’re a solo traveler, an adult, or a senior citizen, you can surely take this trip to enjoy a visit to Panchgani to the fullest. Please note that this 3-hour trail is organized 4 times a day. The first tour starts between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM, the second between 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM, the third between 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM, and the last between 7:00 AM and 7:30 PM. Depending on your mood and the availability of time, you can choose the slot that suits you the most.
3. Shopping: Shop till you drop! Head to the main market of Panchgani to shop for a variety of clothes and footwear. You can also pay a visit to the Shivaji Circle Market at Tableland Road to purchase different types of leather items. From top-notch quality handbags to wooden handicrafts, one can find everything here at the best prices.
There is a Buddha Bazar that is famous for its weekly market, Strawberry Dens for strawberry lovers, and Mapro Shops for buying marmalades, fruit crushes, and fruit drink concentrate. In short, it won’t be wrong to say that Panchgani has something for everyone, so you will not be disappointed at all.
Entry Fee and Timings of Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar
To explore the picturesque beauty of Panchgani, you don’t need to pay anything to anyone. Speaking of its timings, this hill station remains open all day long. Hence, one can plan a getaway to this location at any time from Monday to Sunday.
Best Time to Visit Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar
For couples looking for a romantic treat, the best time would be during the winter season which begins in October and continues until February. At this time, the average temperature ranges from 18 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius, making it an appropriate location for tourists to roam around the popular places.
The monsoon season in Panchgani i.e., from July to September receives a huge crowd of nature buffs every year. Why? Because, when it rains, the entire region turns into a lush landscape that looks no less than a treat to watch. Also, the freshness in the air at this time appeals to everyone, encouraging locals and tourists to pay heed to it at least once for sure.
How to Reach Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar?
Out of all the modes of transportation, the most common and preferred way to reach Panchgani in Mahabaleshwar is via road. You can look for a private or public bus that runs from the neighboring cities of Maharashtra to Panchgani on an everyday basis. Not only is it convenient for everyone but is also a pocket-friendly option for people who have budget constraints in mind. Alternatively, book a cab from the list of top car rental companies in Mahabaleshwar to travel within the hill station in your utmost comfort.
Explore Panchgani at its best with our all-inclusive Mahabaleshwar tour packages. We at Mahabaleshwar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer a range of travel packages to cater to everyone’s varied holiday needs. Our team doesn’t mind going the extra mile to alter the Mahabaleshwar tour package as per your choice. You can also take the assistance of our experts in curating an itinerary based on your trip duration. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about the available deals and discount coupons.